Thursday, December 11, 2014

Oh the temptation!

Pin It I survived yesterday (day 1). Today, oh the temptation. BUT, I did not give in.

I planned my meals this morning before work and brought extra food in case I got hungry--no reason to head to the vending machine for junk food.

Then our weekly team meeting came around today...and what did they bring? Bagels, Sandwiches, cupcakes, cookies and chips....oh my! I sat back and did not take a single bite. I thought about grabbing a sandwich, and removing the bread, but I passed. I swear I argued with myself for 30 seconds in my head about it "oh just one..." NO! haha.

Today I had a yummy breakfast, similar to yesterday's. I had one egg, 1/2c spinach, and 1/2c zucchini, with one Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty. About 170 calories, 11g protein and 3 carbs.


For lunch I brought leftover steak fajitas (without the tortilla), and for snacks, I brought Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, a tuna-lettuce roll up, and a Cheddar baby-bel. Oh, and 1/4c of this Cape Code Trail Mix I found at Whole Foods (btw...I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon when a half a bag of groceries cost me $50).

I got these awesome portion bags from Walmart! I separated all of the trail mix so I don't eat too much when I want a snack.


For dinner, I made a recipe I came across an awesome person (@thesweatybetty) it's an Atkins Big Mac...I was never a Big Mac person, but this sounded interesting. Came out great!


Ingredients
  • 1.5 pound ground beef
  • 1 heaping tbsp of chicken bouillon
  • 2 tbsp dried onion
  • 1 tbsp dried parsley
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup low carb thousand island dressing
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup dill pickles
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Season with chicken bouillon, dried onion flakes, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder.
  3. In a large bowl, place seasoned ground beef. Add cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing, eggs, sour cream, and dill pickles. Mix together thoroughly.
  4. Add ground beef mixture to 8?x11? baking dish and spread to corners. Bake for 30 minutes.
Notes/Nutrition Info:
Serving Size: 1 piece Calories: 401 Fat (g): 34.5 Carbohydrates (g): 2.9 Fiber (g): 0 Protein (g): 19.5

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...