I planned my meals this morning before work and brought extra food in case I got hungry--no reason to head to the vending machine for junk food.
Then our weekly team meeting came around today...and what did they bring? Bagels, Sandwiches, cupcakes, cookies and chips....oh my! I sat back and did not take a single bite. I thought about grabbing a sandwich, and removing the bread, but I passed. I swear I argued with myself for 30 seconds in my head about it "oh just one..." NO! haha.
Today I had a yummy breakfast, similar to yesterday's. I had one egg, 1/2c spinach, and 1/2c zucchini, with one Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty. About 170 calories, 11g protein and 3 carbs.
For lunch I brought leftover steak fajitas (without the tortilla), and for snacks, I brought Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, a tuna-lettuce roll up, and a Cheddar baby-bel. Oh, and 1/4c of this Cape Code Trail Mix I found at Whole Foods (btw...I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon when a half a bag of groceries cost me $50).
I got these awesome portion bags from Walmart! I separated all of the trail mix so I don't eat too much when I want a snack.
For dinner, I made a recipe I came across an awesome person (@thesweatybetty) it's an Atkins Big Mac...I was never a Big Mac person, but this sounded interesting. Came out great!
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 1 heaping tbsp of chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp dried onion
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low carb thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Season with chicken bouillon, dried onion flakes, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, place seasoned ground beef. Add cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing, eggs, sour cream, and dill pickles. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add ground beef mixture to 8?x11? baking dish and spread to corners. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 piece Calories: 401 Fat (g): 34.5 Carbohydrates (g): 2.9 Fiber (g): 0 Protein (g): 19.5