Thursday, August 9, 2012

Buried Chicken & Zucchini

Pin It Yesterday I made chicken & zucchini, which I suppose was perfect because I later found out it was national zucchini day!

The recipe is below.


By "burying" the chicken in the zucchini, it keeps the chicken moist! Moist meat is essential to me right now, it makes the food go down easier. I was able to eat the piece of chicken (about 4oz) and a few rings of zucchini.

Ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or more, depending on how many you are cooking for)
1 medium zucchini (if you are using a larger pan cooking for more people, cut up enough to cover the entire dish) sliced into to thin rings.
1/3c shredded mozzarella cheese
Seasonings for chicken (I use paprika, Mrs. Dash, and garlic salt)
Garlic salt & dried basil for topping the zucchini

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Using a pyrex or similar dish, spray it with non stick cooking spray. Place the chicken in the pan, top with seasonings.

Lay out the zucchini out to cover the chicken and the rest of the entire pan. This is what keeps the chicken extra moist. Sprinkle with garlic salt, mozzarella cheese, and dried basil.

Cook for 35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would do it. It seems so scary but I'm excited for you! Can't wait to keep reading! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...