Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fajita Spam Mini Quiches

Pin It

This recipe is for 16 servings. I use my mini loaf pan for this recipe, which has 8 loaves, and I cut them in half to portion the servings.

Each serving has only 84 calories!

What you need:
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 3/4c white onion diced
  • 3 or 4 garlic cloves, diced
  • 1/4c chopped green onion
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • 1/2c reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice (I used great value fiesta blend)
  • 1 can of turkey spam, diced
  • 8 large eggs
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large frying pan, put a small amount of olive oil. Add in your green & red bell peppers, and onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic and green onions, cooking for about one minute, not over cooking.

In a large mixing bowl, scramble the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste. Add the diced chilies and cheese, mix. Add the bell pepper and onion mixture to the eggs.

You can then either cook your spam in the same pan, or add it uncooked to your egg mixture. I prefer to brown mine a little, it gives it a better taste, but this is optional.

Spray your pan with non stick cooking spray. If you do not have the same pan as me, you can use a muffin pan or a baking dish, just measure your portions if you want to match my calorie count.

Cook for 30 minutes. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!

**I save my leftovers in the freezer to bring to work to eat on my break since I do not have time to cook in the mornings that I work!**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...